Freitag, 17. April 2020

Peter Kramer's California Käfer Shop / Stage Fright

Recently I mentioned Peter Kramers "California Käfer Shop" in one of my posts. When he was still located in Dortmund, basically on a scrap yard, this guy had it all, one piece windows, Baja bug kits, cheap taiwanese chrome parts, performance exhausts - you name it. A good amount of my monthly wage in the late 80ies was regularly brought to his shop. I still see the guy from time to time on the Maikäfertreffen or selling Hot Wheels and neon signs in the Techno Classica Fair in Essen, but this shop was the only source for rad Cal look parts since the mid 80ies. Also he sold the American "Hot VW's and Dune Buggies" and "VW Trends" magazines for 5 DM instead of the 12 DM you could buy it for at the book store of the main train station in Essen.Well, he was - and probably is still - a special character, but also thanks to his engagement and his shop, I became the VW nut I am today - and since the mid 80ies!

Here is a key ring I still own, with  the image of his "promotion vehicle" at the time, which he later sold to Helge Ohmes, the famous VW Dragster Bug  "Stage Fright" - originally built in Bakersfield CA by Michael Irvin



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen