Samstag, 19. Februar 2011

..down the copper line...

today I finished the brake lines! On all areas where there was a chance of rattling or chafing - as well as on all the clamps - I added pieces of slotted rubber tube to avoid that. I used the KuNiFer stuff which will never rust again.
Heute habe ich die restlichen Bremsleitungen verlegt. Überall dort, wo die Leitungen schaben oder rappeln könnten, genau wie an den Klammerstellen, habe ich ein Stück längsgeschlitzen Gummischlauch über die Bremsleitung geschoben. Die Leitungen sind aus KuNiFer, einmal einbauen, für Ewigkeiten Ruhe!




The missing rubber collars to protect the brake lines through the tunnel will be supplied in a few days from Mario's shop...


I also finished the steering stuff including a safe ground contact to make sure the horn will work.
the metal flake which you can spot everywhere is the result of modifying my 6V gearbox to accept a 12V flywheel. When this is finished - I guess by tomorrow - I will post some pics as well.
Im Bereich der Lenkung ist auch alles soweit zusammen, incl. einer guten Masseverbindung, damit die Hupe hinterher auch zuverlässig funktioniert! 
Der Metallstaub ist übrigens vom Ausschleifen der Getriebeglocke damit das 6V Getriebe eine 12V Schwungscheibe aufnehmen kann. Details dazu wahrscheinlich Morgen.

Kommentare:

  1. Very nice job, I did mine with the body on the pan and what a pain.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thanks, I am quite happy with the outcome. Yeah, I can imagine that's a p.i.t.a.! It is so easy to route the lines through the front frame - I would have gone mad doing this with the body mounted!

    AntwortenLöschen