Samstag, 18. März 2017

Another inci"dent"

When you think you're almost done...
Yesterday I planned to re-install the engine, when I checked the CV-joint to subframe clearance once more:

About 3-4 mm clearance - which is far too less. With the added weight of the engine and some torque applied during launch, there will be problems...

So, first of all, I needed a tool...
A worn out Porsche 944 CV joint outer ring came very handy, the outer diameter is 100 mm. I added a handle for "operation dent-ist"



This tool, a blow torch and a hammer was an effective set of tools. I "dented" both legs within 30 mins. A rattle can primer and some black paint and it was done!

Now there is ample clearance!


While I was at it, I changed to the correct IRS specific E-brake cables. The swing axle cables were a tad bit short...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen