Dienstag, 18. Juli 2017

New throttle linkage and a job for an expert

Last week my friend Uwe (a big Thank You from here!) helped me machining my new throttle linkage. The former one was made of aluminium and due the angle it was mounted, I could not reach WOT (wide open throttle).
The new one has a slightly different set up and is made of hexagonal steel, so the thermal expansion should be reduced as well.
old:
During the movement the left linkage touched the cylinder shroud, so it was always hard stopped before it did the full throw

vs. new:

The initial angle is different and now it works perfect.The linkages have M5 left hand thread on one end and M5 right hand thread on the other other end + a jam nut on both ends. This makes tuning of the length really easy.
Then I checked the valves once more and made sure all is well...

As I delivered the Volksback today to a well known expert to optimize the Weber carb's jetting and set up:

I hope he will find some more HP in this engine - even though, I can't complain! I always felt it ran a bit lean and I didn't want to risk a blown engine due to overheating issues. The trip to Spa will show how it runs...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen